Modernizing legacy apps has become the theme towards the end of this year or also known as "Lift and Shift". This means taking the monolithic applications built with blood, sweat, and tears and now move them to the cloud. Nerd Dinner (https://nerddinner.codeplex.com/) is an MVC application written back in 2010, the last edit was ~Sept 6, 2013 to the mvc4 branch. I grabbed the mvc branch and copied it over to https://github.com/spboyer/nerddinner-mvc4 and fired it up in Visual Studio 2017. The plan: Migrate the LocalDB to SQL Server in Azure Using the Docker tools in Visual Studio 2017, add the Docker files Publish Docker Images to Azure Container Registry (ACR) Push the new...
- Searching docs using a .NET Core global tool
- Cross platform code coverage arrives for .NET Core
- Monitoring issues on Stack Overflow with serverless, CosmosDB and Teams
- Enabling Kubernetes Beta on Docker
- shell.azure.com - look Mom no install!
- Kompose - Docker-Compose to Kubernetes with ease!
- Running the Azure Functions runtime in containers on Kubernetes and more
- Push your images to Azure CDN on publish with gulp
- dotnet new angular to Azure with Docker using CLI
- Angular 2: Application Settings using the CLI Environment Option
- Troubleshooting Installing .NET Core 1.1 RTM on OSX
- Using Apache Web Server as a reverse-proxy for ASP.NET Core
- Deploying an Angular 2 App to Azure with Github