This is a quick walkthrough on using ASP.NET 5 to build a Web API layer using MongoDB. The overall concept is not too dissimilar from previous examples you may have seen using X type of database, however there are some areas covered that are either new in MVC 6 that you may find you didn't know are there. Topics Covered ConfigurationModel config.json Environment Variables OptionsModel Dependency Injection (IServiceCollection) Forcing JSON or Removing XML Formatter, Content Negotiation MongoDB Installation (OSX & Windows) mongocsharpdriver (nuget package) Testing endpoints w/ Postman or Fiddler Project Creation Depending on your environment (Windows or OS X) or preference you have a choice on how you can create the ASP.NET project. Visual Studio 2015...
- Troubleshooting Installing .NET Core 1.1 RTM on OSX
- Using Apache Web Server as a reverse-proxy for ASP.NET Core
- Deploying an Angular 2 App to Azure with Github
- Angular 2: Application Settings using the CLI Environment Option
- ASP.NET Core: Watching Code
- .NET Core Slack Channel Sign Up
- Angular 2 : Continuous Integration to Azure using Codeship and the Angular CLI